Healthy, tasty and easy to make, combination of earthy mushrooms and salty miso is one of the kind and you have t0 try it as soon as possible. It’s great for busy lunch, you can make it in advance and take it in thermo bottle. If you like you can add some noodles in broth.
- 250 ml water
- 5 dried shitake mushrooms
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 250 g mushroom mixture
- 1 clove of garlice
- white pepper
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 spring onion
- coriander or parsley for garnish
- Put dried shitake mushrooms in bowl full of boiling water and set aside. Pour stock in pan, put a bit white pepper and bring to simmer.
- Chop mushrooms, add to the stock and thinly sliced garlic aswell. Cook mushrooms about five minutes until softened. Shitake drain through a sieve, slice them and add them to the soup with soaking liquid.
- Miso paste place in small bowl and add two ladles of soup, stir well and combine. Remove soup from the heat and stir in miso paste.
- Serve with some sliced spring onions and coriander or parsley.